IMPORTANT ALERT FOR JOB APPLICANTS!
Bio-Rad has received reports of individuals posing as Bio-Rad recruiters to obtain information from applicants. Be aware that Bio-Rad strictly adheres to these hiring practices.
The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
Lead Architect has responsibly to investigate, design and develop architectural road-map for Unity Next – QSD’s Next Generation Cloud Platform for all software products. In addition to being a key contributor to the architectural vision and bringing industry best-practice and technology trends into the continued innovation of our software platform, you will work in an agile fashion with all teams in the creation and elaboration of business requirements, functional and technical design specifications, development and maintenance of our software (including prototyping) and driving innovation into our product suite.
In this role, you'll:
· Lead architecture for secure, scalable, high-performance and cost effective data and analytics platform to deliver software and services for quality systems
· Develop and maintain our architectural product road-map and apply architectural best practices
· Translate data and application requirements into architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance and guide teams on how to run these architectural models.
· Define, deploy and advance processes for: API-first principles, microservices, SDLC/MDLC (model development life cycle), CI/CD, quality, monitoring, security, extensibility and maintainability of data and analytics platform software and services
· Define templates and process for the design and analysis of data models, data flows, and integration patterns for structural deficiencies/soundness to build a robust and complete future state model. · Comfortably present and influence people to build consensus; disseminate thought leadership using architecture documents and diagrams, presentations and workshops with both technical or semi-technical audiences
· Provide technical leadership and mentor-ship to engineers to ensure implementation adheres to the architectural road-map
· Partner with our Development and Test team leads to discuss technical and architectural challenges
· Be an advocate of AWS Well-Architected Framework, automation, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) and use your experience to support the teams in these areas
· Provide architectural leadership to software developers, data scientists/engineers, and product owners/managers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and retrospectives.
·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
· 12+ years of software systems experience that includes at least 3+years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
· 5+ years technical leadership and/or architecture experience with enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life-cycle·
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS preferred), OOT and Edge devices as well
· Experience with AWS services – AWS certification(s) relevant to cloud architecture, cloud engineering, and/or data engineering. as AWS Well-Architected Framework preferred
· Good understanding of the relevant HCLS industry standards and regulations (e.g. GxP, CDISC, HL7, HIPAA, GDPR, HITRUST, etc)
· Experience with applicable health-care data security frameworks – NIST, HITRUST, CIS, ISO. COBIT etc.
Preferred Experience in regulated health-care environments – medical devices or diagnostics systems and familiarity with medical devices, diagnostic lab data, diagnostic instrument connectivity, LIS, EMR and health-care applications ecosystems
About Bio-Rad: Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives. Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Systems Engineer IV||2021-22565||Pleasanton||California||United States||Pleasanton, California, United States||Engineering||The Systems Engineering Team is looking for an enthusiastic Systems Engineer to join our team and develop the most advanced ddPCR Systems on the planet. We need a solid systems engineer who gets excited about creating prototypes, is highly analyti...|
|Environmental Health & Safety Manager - Northern California||2020-16677.1||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Environmental Health & Safety||Bio-Rad is looking for an EH&S Manager I to oversee all environmental health and safety (EHS) activities/requirements within the Northern California region. This includes EHS compliance, incident response and coordination, direction of assign...|
|Trade Compliance Specialist II||2021-18732||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Trade Compliance||The primary responsibilities of the Trade Compliance Specialist II are to assist the Trade Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of both import and export compliance programs and GTS. Strong emphasis on supporting ...|
|Account Executive - BioPharma||2021-22563||Massachusetts||United States||Massachusetts, United States||Sales||The successful BioPharma Account Executive will: Effectively promote and sell all Bio-Rad Genomics solutions, including Droplet Digital PCR and qPCR Systems and associated reagent content to achieve revenue targets. Demonstrate a strong Sales Proc...|
|Director, Regional Logistics – Americas||2020-17939||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Logistics||Bio-Rad is recruiting for a Director, Regional Logistics - Americas. The Director will manage a team of Logistics and Distribution Managers with 100+ direct and indirect staff located in multiple countries which includes Latin America, USA and Can...|
|Molecular Biologist||2021-18726||Ann Arbor||Michigan||United States||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States||Research & Development||We are seeking a scientist with excellent technical skills in molecular biology and/or biochemistry with good attention to detail and efficient work processes. If you are the person that others turn to when things need to work then you will thriv...|
Aki talks about his journey at Bio-Rad.
Marketing Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad is continuously working to improve the work/life balance of it's employees. There is restructuring going on at the top levels in management and as a result I believe Bio-Rad will move into the more progressive styles and trends similar companies employ today."
Your Privacy Matters