This position is will manage a small team of upstream product managers who are responsible for overall product life-cycle management with a focus to exceed portfolio revenue goals and help define market strategy for independent IVD quality control products and markets. Key activities of the team include customer/market research, forecasting and financial analysis, obtaining customer VOC, identifying new business and market opportunities, defining and driving product initiatives from concept through commercialization, and full support of the stage/gate process. This position might manage product areas directly as well.
• Lead team responsible for driving product development including developing plans for 1) strategic fit of new products, 2) drive product launch plans and initial go to market strategy, 3) product discontinuation strategy/life-cycle management, and 4) ongoing product profitability.
• Supervise and train team to conduct & determine multi-generation product planning; responsible for ongoing profitability & growth, market share. Contribute to the alignment of strategies, resources and processes between Operations, R&D and Product Development.
• Lead effort to develop business case; identify & recommend product development strategies including financial modeling, OEM vs Direct (Product) Decision, In-license/internal development
• Determine what markets to serve, what customers to serve, what channels to serve those customers.
• Ensure the use of VOC to assess market opportunities, market attractiveness, and develop products. Work with regions to identify and validate opportunities across the globe. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills related to interfacing and establishing relationships with customers and key influencer's to ensure that marketing decisions are customer-driven
• Competitive Analysis; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) (market segment or product segment)
• Forecasting – initial and revenue forecasting of the product segment
• Sales & Operating Plan at product level
• Participate on cross-functional teams including sales, manufacturing, operations, R&D, Quality, regulatory, and downstream marketing to achieve market penetration and revenue goals
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams/members without formal authority
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 8+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of clinical testing labs and products, product differentiation factors, sales strategies strongly desired
• Experience developing and executing on successful product development road-maps with strong demonstrated launch capabilities.
• Global product management and sales and/or marketing experience.
• Management experience leading teams through product development.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Product Owner||2021-25685||Irvine||California||United States||Irvine, California, United States||Software||Overview:The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing f...|
|Cloud Engineer||2021-25291.1||Texas||United States||Texas, United States||IT||The Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of Bio-Rad’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on leading a large cloud migration project...|
|Scientist||2021-25367||Pleasanton||California||United States||Pleasanton, California, United States||Scientist||At the Digital Biology Center (a division of Bio-Rad) we use microfluidic chips to generated nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power an extremely precise digital nucleic acid measurement method (droplet digital PCR). Now that we've s...|
|Technical Associate V||2021-25522||Irvine||California||United States||Irvine, California, United States||Research & Development||Overview:Become a Research and Development Tactical Team member tasked on a variety of New Product Development, Sustain and Departmental projects and special assignments, making significant contributions towards accomplishing strategic goals at Bi...|
|Product Support Scientist||2021-24776.1||Benicia||California||United States||Benicia, California, United States||Marketing||Bio-Rad is seeking a Product Support Scientist. As part of a dynamic Product Support Team provide new and current product development, support, and technical training to internal and external customers that use Bio-Rad’s clinical immunology instru...|
|Project Coordinator||2021-25591||Redmond||Washington||United States||Redmond, Washington, United States||Project/Program Management||Bio-Rad is seeking a Project Coordinator to join Global RA/QA PMO. The candidate should be a highly motivated and proactive leader who is passionate about actively managing project teams to achieve business goals. The primary responsibility of the...|
Hear from a current Bio-Rad employee.
Global Demand Planning Manager (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad's culture makes the workplace comfortable and familial. Employees are upbeat and enthusiastic about the company mission and products..."
Your Privacy Matters