This is an exciting position that leads cross-functional teams through complex projects! If you are a highly proactive person who’s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals, this role will be exciting to you! The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead sustaining projects. The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific back ground (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory. 10% domestic travel will be required.
The Project Manager may be called on to work across sites and communicate to the top level management the progress of their projects. The Project Manager is accountable to ensure that the project is delivered according to expected time, quality and cost metrics - and ensure that throughout the project the right controls and governance are in place to ensure this. As part of the global PMO, the Project Manager is also responsible for global PMO level activities for continuous improvement as defined by the Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
• Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/time-lines to achieve business goals
• Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files
• Identifying potential project risk and guiding teams around potential obstacles
• Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks
• Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization
• Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
• Ensuring appropriate project documentation is established to meet our QMS requirements
A successful candidate will have:
• 3+ years as a project manager or as an active technical member of a project team; in a highly regulated industry such as clinical diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceuticals • BS degree in chemistry, biology or similar scientific field
• Must have a strong sense of accountability • Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization
• Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required • Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and change course with the needs of the business
• Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Knowledge of FDA/QSR and ISO 13485
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database)
• Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification; a plus If you are a self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a growth-oriented, global organization, and if your background matches these qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently
announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-
19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on
disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are
prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Product Owner||2021-25685||Irvine||California||United States||Irvine, California, United States||Software||Overview:The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing f...|
|Cloud Engineer||2021-25291.1||Texas||United States||Texas, United States||IT||The Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of Bio-Rad’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on leading a large cloud migration project...|
|Scientist||2021-25367||Pleasanton||California||United States||Pleasanton, California, United States||Scientist||At the Digital Biology Center (a division of Bio-Rad) we use microfluidic chips to generated nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power an extremely precise digital nucleic acid measurement method (droplet digital PCR). Now that we've s...|
|Technical Associate V||2021-25522||Irvine||California||United States||Irvine, California, United States||Research & Development||Overview:Become a Research and Development Tactical Team member tasked on a variety of New Product Development, Sustain and Departmental projects and special assignments, making significant contributions towards accomplishing strategic goals at Bi...|
|Product Support Scientist||2021-24776.1||Benicia||California||United States||Benicia, California, United States||Marketing||Bio-Rad is seeking a Product Support Scientist. As part of a dynamic Product Support Team provide new and current product development, support, and technical training to internal and external customers that use Bio-Rad’s clinical immunology instru...|
|Project Coordinator||2021-25591||Redmond||Washington||United States||Redmond, Washington, United States||Project/Program Management||Bio-Rad is seeking a Project Coordinator to join Global RA/QA PMO. The candidate should be a highly motivated and proactive leader who is passionate about actively managing project teams to achieve business goals. The primary responsibility of the...|
Hear from a current Bio-Rad employee.
Global Demand Planning Manager (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad's culture makes the workplace comfortable and familial. Employees are upbeat and enthusiastic about the company mission and products..."
Your Privacy Matters