This is an exciting position that leads cross-functional teams through complex projects! If you are a highly proactive person who’s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals, this role will be exciting to you! The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead New Product Development and sustaining projects. The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific back ground (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory. 10% domestic travel will be required.
The Project Manager may be called on to work across sites and communicate to the top level management the progress of their projects. The Project Manager is accountable to ensure that the project is delivered according to expected time, quality and cost metrics - and ensure that throughout the project the right controls and governance are in place to ensure this. As part of the global PMO, the Project Manager is also responsible for global PMO level activities for continuous improvement as defined by the Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
• Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/timelines to achieve business goals
• Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files
• Identifying potential project risk and guiding teams around potential obstacles
• Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks
• Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization
• Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
• Ensuring appropriate project documentation is established to meet our QMS requirements
A successful candidate will have:
• 3+ years as a project manager or as an active technical member of a project team; in a highly regulated industry such as clinical diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceuticals
• BS degree in chemistry, biology or similar scientific field
• Must have a strong sense of accountability
• Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization
• Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and change course with the needs of the business
• Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators
• Continuous improvement mindset • Knowledge of FDA/QSR and ISO 13485
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database)
• Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification; a plus If you are a self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a growth-oriented, global organization, and if your background matches these qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently
announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-
19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Agency Non-Solicitation:
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative.
Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so.
Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Senior Scientist, Bioseparation R&D||2021-23070.3||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Scientist||This is an opening for a recent PHD graduate with strong background in the separation and characterization of biomolecules, who is interested in applying basic scientific/engineering principles to the large scale production of biopharmaceuticals. ...|
|Production Technician I||2021-25583||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Manufacturing/Production||The Production Technician is responsible for producing or supporting production of instruments or reagents products in compliance with established GMP procedures and ensuring products are of consistent high quality. They will also perform producti...|
|Production Chemist I||2021-25315.1||Woodinville||Washington||United States||Woodinville, Washington, United States||Chemistry||Manufacturing activities for BioPlex 2200 to support commercialization and development activities. ResponsibilitiesManufacturing activities for BioPlex 2200 to support commercialization and development activities. Areas of responsibility coul...|
|Global Service Operations Manager||2021-25702||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Sales||Bio-Rad advances scientific discoveries that improve health care and advance the quality of human life. By providing life science and diagnostic products, services, consumables and reagents, Bio-Rad enables customers to gain the answers they requi...|
|Chemical Process Operator I||2021-24382.1||Richmond||California||United States||Richmond, California, United States||Manufacturing/Production||Bio-Rad is looking for a Chemical Process Operator I. This role is responsible for all chemical/biological mixing, processing, and packaging operations within the production area. This includes the transferring of products through various process ...|
|Global Sales Operations Manager||2021-25700||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Sales||Bio-Rad is looking for a Global Sales Operations Manager About You: You are inquisitive. Nothing makes you grind your teeth more than hearing the phrase “because we’ve always done it that way.” Instead of accepting that things “are the way they a...|
Hear from a current Bio-Rad employee.
Global Demand Planning Manager (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad's culture makes the workplace comfortable and familial. Employees are upbeat and enthusiastic about the company mission and products..."
Your Privacy Matters