Exact Diagnostics is a Molecular Diagnostics manufacturer located in Fort Worth, Texas, focused on developing infectious disease controls and standards. EDX is an international company that works directly with major manufacturers to assist in the development process of their clinical diagnostics assays. EDX also has a robust catalog offering for hospital and reference laboratories. The Scientist is responsible for assisting with professional assignments and tasks associated with the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects. Design experiments, conduct scientific studies, analyze data and prepare technical reports and presentations. While the list below highlights the main duties of the Scientist, the priorities may shift and additional responsibilities may be added.
• Participates in troubleshooting
• Conducts experiments carefully and consistently
• Collects, analyzes and interprets data
• Writes technical reports
• May provide recommendation for follow-up experiments and ideas for solving problems
• Investigates feasibility of applying variety of scientific principles and concepts to development of new products, procedures, protocols and potential inventions
• Researches and investigates literature, keeps abreast of new methods and developments related to the work area
• Writes, develops process specifications and draft documents
• Trains other personnel in techniques and protocol
• Writes basic technical reports
• Develops processes and procedures (SOP’s), develops excel worksheets and maintains laboratory notebook
• Presents standard technical results
• May participate in development of patent applications
The Scientist has demonstrated the ability to work individually and as a team member in completing tasks. She/He has experience in following detailed protocols and documenting activities in a cGMP compliant environment. She/He has the ability to perform tasks that are repetitive in nature. She/He has the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, build relationships, even in difficult situations, and be thought of as an example by others across all functions.
• Master’s degree or PhD in a life science related field or technical discipline with 2+ years of full-time experience working in a regulated working environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a life science related field or technical discipline with 5+ years of full-time experience in a regulated working environment
• Strong experience with molecular techniques including real-time PCR
• Experience implementing Design of Experiment (DOE) is a plus
• Bio-pharmaceutical or viral vector gene therapy experience is a plus
• Oncology diagnostic assay or therapeutic development experience is a plus
• Ability to self-motivate and execute scientific experiments in a timely manner
• Able to follow detailed procedures and instructions as assigned
• Working knowledge of computer software programs such as Excel, Word, etc.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Production Technician I, Dispense Liquid Handling||2021-22694.2||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Manufacturing/Production||The Production Technician is responsible for supporting multiple Chemistry groups with the formulation and testing of buffer and bulk solutions in compliance with established GMP procedures and ensuring products are of consistent high quality.Resp...|
|Production Chemist III||2021-24422||Woodinville||Washington||United States||Woodinville, Washington, United States||Chemistry||Are you passionate about life sciences and pursuing a career in diagnostics? Are you interested in working for a company that improves public health, advances scientific research and values its employees? Then Bio-Rad could be the company for yo...|
|Material Handler||2021-23891||Richmond||California||United States||Richmond, California, United States||Warehouse/Distribution||Bio-Rad is looking for a Material Handler. Perform various routine physical tasks involved in one or more areas including but not limited to receiving, storing, packing, shipping or distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished ...|
|Service and Instrument Install Administrator||2021-24383.1||Benicia||California||United States||Benicia, California, United States||Customer Service||The Service and Instrument Install Administrator (SIIA) provides exceptional administrative support to in house, field sales, and the service organization. Utilizing a thorough understanding of Bio-Rad offerings and practices, the SIIA offers solu...|
|Account Manager||2021-24424||Massachusetts||United States||Massachusetts, United States||Sales||Bio-Rad’s Life Science Group is looking for an Account Manager. In this role, you will demonstrate and sell Bio-Rad’s diverse line of consumables, apparatus, and small equipment. You will support and service life science research laboratories at ...|
|Associate Director, Market Development, MDx||2021-24402||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Marketing||Serve as Global Associate Director Market Development for Molecular Dx with focus on Reproductive Health and digital droplet PCR applications within current and new, emerging markets. Serve as the key driver for relationship with professional soci...|
Hear what it's like to work at Bio-Rad.
Scientist (Current Empl.) Plano, TX
" ... In continuing the mission of Advancing Science and Improving Lives, you have the opportunity to make contributions to products that improve life on the planet Earth in meaningful ways. I love the get-the-job-done environment in Plano and being part of a team that delivers."
Your Privacy Matters