The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real- world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
We're seeking a hard-working and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. Our ideal candidate has a passion for DevOps, a hunger to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as a unrelenting drive to learn and teach others. Qualified candidates may be required to complete a configurations test as part of the interviewing process.
In this role, you'll
• Contribute to building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-based service platform.
• Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments
• Work collaboratively with agile feature teams support our applications through the full software lifecycle: Create CI/CD pipelines, deploy and manage AWS infrastructure, setup monitoring, and health checks
• Continuously manage the configuration of all environments (Dev, Test, stage, Demo) and microservices
• Maintain the configuration, identifying dependencies, potential conflicts, document the process and track a schedule of the deployments for each environment.
• Optimize AWS deployments for scalability, efficiency and security
• Solve cutting-edge technical challenges that have real impact on healthcare quality Recognize areas of improvement and define a plan for realizing the improvement
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related engineering discpline 8+ years of high level experience in a language environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. AWS software integration and deployment experience required
• Works under general supervision
• Desired key skills and knowledge of the below technologies:
• Git, Jenkins
• Build and deploy build pipelines using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild , CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
• Script and automate AWS API Gateway, Lambda deployments and ECS deployments
• Setup Docker based containers for ECS deployments
• Proficiency in managing CloudFormation templates, scripting languages Bash, AWS CLI and setting up Blue/Green and Canary deployments
• Manage deployments of Linux and Windows workloads
• Exposure to managing AWS cloud platforms
• Strong knowledge of network protocols at different levels (IP, HTTP, DNS, etc)
• Ability to quickly and independently earn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and internet resources
• Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers
About Bio-Rad: Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives. Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|IT Program Management Office (PMO) Intern||2021-23534||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||IT||The Bio-Rad Global IT team is seeking an enthusiastic, high potential college student to join the Program Management Office (PMO) Team. This internship is a great opportunity to learn about project management tools related to business application...|
|Revenue Accountant- Temp||2021-23313.1||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Finance||ResponsibilitiesMonth-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close activities including preparation of journal entries, GL reconciliations, QVR analysis, Q schedules, etc. Review Royalty contracts and translate key financial legal terms into bes...|
|Field Service Engineer||2021-23464.1||New York||United States||New York, United States||Field Service/Support||Bio-Rad is looking for a Field Service Engineer preferably with flow cytometry experience who will perform repairs, upgrades, and preventive maintenance on our instruments for clinical diagnostics, life science, and biopharma customers based in th...|
|CRM Operations Manager||2021-23463||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Production/Operations||Bio-Rad is looking for a CRM Operations Manager. The CRM Operations Manager serves as the main liaison between business users and technical teams and as the primary contact for project management of enhancements to Sales and Marketing Operations t...|
|Website Operations Manager||2021-23565||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Marketing||Bio-Rad is seeking a highly motivated Website Operations Manager to join the User Experience Team driving change to Bio-Rad.com. The ideal candidate for this high-visibility position will have an extensive background in developing and managing glo...|
|Organizational Change Management/IT Communications & Training Specialist||2021-23408||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||IT||We are looking for an OCM/IT Communications and Training Specialist to support our Global IT organization. As part of the Organizational Change Management (OCM) Team, you will create and implement change management strategies that maximize user en...|
Aki talks about his journey at Bio-Rad.
Marketing Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad is continuously working to improve the work/life balance of it's employees. There is restructuring going on at the top levels in management and as a result I believe Bio-Rad will move into the more progressive styles and trends similar companies employ today."
Your Privacy Matters