IMPORTANT ALERT FOR JOB APPLICANTS!
Bio-Rad has received reports of individuals posing as Bio-Rad recruiters to obtain information from applicants. Be aware that Bio-Rad strictly adheres to these hiring practices.
The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
We're seeking an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. You will be responsible for leading the team on DevOps. You will work with developers, product owner and QA Engineers to develop, maintain, and enhance the application performance, deployment pipelines and automation infrastructure. You'll create, build and maintain the CI/CD processes and perform release management. You bring a passion for driving performance improvements in response time, capacity and scalability across all the new initiatives, evangelizing and supporting the performance work across all delivery teams. Our ideal candidate has a passion for DevOps, a hunger to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as a unrelenting drive to learn and teach others. Qualified candidates may be required to complete a configurations test as part of the interviewing process.
In this role, you'll
· Lead the team responsible for building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-based service platform.
· Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments
· Work collaboratively with agile feature teams support our applications through the full software lifecycle: Create CI/CD pipelines, deploy and manage AWS infrastructure, setup monitoring, and health checks
· Continuously manage the configuration of all environments (Dev, Test, stage, Demo) and microservices
· Maintain the configuration, identifying dependencies, potential conflicts, document the process and track a schedule of the deployments for each environment.
· Optimize AWS deployments for scalability, efficiency and security
· Solve cutting-edge technical challenges that have real impact on healthcare quality
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related engineering discipline, Master’s degree desirable.
· 12+ years relevant experience in software infrastructure operations and software development
· Minimum of 3 years of AWS software integration and deployment experience
· Desired key skills and knowledge of following technologies:
· Git, Jenkins · Build and deploy build pipelines using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild , CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
· Script and automate AWS API Gateway, Lambda deployments and ECS deployments
· Setup Docker based containers for ECS deployments
· Proficiency in managing CloudFormation templates, scripting languages Bash, AWS CLI and setting up Blue/Green and Canary deployments
· Experience in deployments of Linux and Windows workloads, exposure to managing AWS cloud platforms
· Strong knowledge of network protocols at different levels (IP, HTTP, DNS, etc)
· Ability to quickly and independently earn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and Internet resources
· Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers
· Familiar with agile methodology and collaborative tools and systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
About Bio-Rad: Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives. Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Systems Engineer IV||2021-22565||Pleasanton||California||United States||Pleasanton, California, United States||Engineering||The Systems Engineering Team is looking for an enthusiastic Systems Engineer to join our team and develop the most advanced ddPCR Systems on the planet. We need a solid systems engineer who gets excited about creating prototypes, is highly analyti...|
|Environmental Health & Safety Manager - Northern California||2020-16677.1||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Environmental Health & Safety||Bio-Rad is looking for an EH&S Manager I to oversee all environmental health and safety (EHS) activities/requirements within the Northern California region. This includes EHS compliance, incident response and coordination, direction of assign...|
|Trade Compliance Specialist II||2021-18732||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Trade Compliance||The primary responsibilities of the Trade Compliance Specialist II are to assist the Trade Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of both import and export compliance programs and GTS. Strong emphasis on supporting ...|
|Account Executive - BioPharma||2021-22563||Massachusetts||United States||Massachusetts, United States||Sales||The successful BioPharma Account Executive will: Effectively promote and sell all Bio-Rad Genomics solutions, including Droplet Digital PCR and qPCR Systems and associated reagent content to achieve revenue targets. Demonstrate a strong Sales Proc...|
|Director, Regional Logistics – Americas||2020-17939||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Logistics||Bio-Rad is recruiting for a Director, Regional Logistics - Americas. The Director will manage a team of Logistics and Distribution Managers with 100+ direct and indirect staff located in multiple countries which includes Latin America, USA and Can...|
|Molecular Biologist||2021-18726||Ann Arbor||Michigan||United States||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States||Research & Development||We are seeking a scientist with excellent technical skills in molecular biology and/or biochemistry with good attention to detail and efficient work processes. If you are the person that others turn to when things need to work then you will thriv...|
Aki talks about his journey at Bio-Rad.
Marketing Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad is continuously working to improve the work/life balance of it's employees. There is restructuring going on at the top levels in management and as a result I believe Bio-Rad will move into the more progressive styles and trends similar companies employ today."
Your Privacy Matters