The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
We're seeking a hard-working and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. Our ideal candidate has a passion for DevOps, a hunger to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as a unrelenting drive to learn and teach others. Qualified candidates may be required to complete a configurations test as part of the interviewing process.
In this role, you'll
• Lead the team responsible for building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-based service platform.
• Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments
• Work collaboratively with agile feature teams support our applications through the full software life-cycle: Create CI/CD pipelines, deploy and manage AWS infrastructure, setup monitoring, and health checks
• Continuously manage the configuration of all environments (Dev, Test, stage, Demo) and microservices
• Maintain the configuration, identifying dependencies, potential conflicts, document the process and track a schedule of the deployments for each environment.
• Optimize AWS deployments for scalability, efficiency and security
• Solve cutting-edge technical challenges that have real impact on health-care quality Contribute to building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-based service platform.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related engineering discipline, Master’s degree desirable. 12+ years relevant experience in software infrastructure operations and software development
• Minimum of 3 years of AWS software integration and deployment experience
• Must be able to work unsupervised
• Ability to maintain a micro-services architecture written in different technologies
• Ability to automate CI/CD with multiple reports such as GIT, TFS, CodeCommit or similar
• Desired key skills and knowledge of following technologies:
• Git, Jenkins, CloudFormation (or similar) and GitHub (or similar)
• Build and deploy build pipelines using AWS CodeCommit (or similar), CodeBuild , CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
• Script and automate AWS API Gateway, Lambda deployments and ECS deployments
• Setup Docker based containers for ECS deployments
• Proficiency in managing CloudFormation templates, scripting languages Bash, AWS CLI and setting up Blue/Green and Canary deployments
• Manage deployments of Linux and Windows workloads
• Exposure to managing AWS cloud platforms
• Strong knowledge of network protocols at different levels (IP, HTTP, DNS, etc)
• Ability to quickly and independently earn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and Internet resources
• Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the health-care industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Production Technician I, Dispense Liquid Handling||2021-22694.2||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Manufacturing/Production||The Production Technician is responsible for supporting multiple Chemistry groups with the formulation and testing of buffer and bulk solutions in compliance with established GMP procedures and ensuring products are of consistent high quality.Resp...|
|Production Chemist III||2021-24422||Woodinville||Washington||United States||Woodinville, Washington, United States||Chemistry||Are you passionate about life sciences and pursuing a career in diagnostics? Are you interested in working for a company that improves public health, advances scientific research and values its employees? Then Bio-Rad could be the company for yo...|
|Material Handler||2021-23891||Richmond||California||United States||Richmond, California, United States||Warehouse/Distribution||Bio-Rad is looking for a Material Handler. Perform various routine physical tasks involved in one or more areas including but not limited to receiving, storing, packing, shipping or distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished ...|
|Service and Instrument Install Administrator||2021-24383.1||Benicia||California||United States||Benicia, California, United States||Customer Service||The Service and Instrument Install Administrator (SIIA) provides exceptional administrative support to in house, field sales, and the service organization. Utilizing a thorough understanding of Bio-Rad offerings and practices, the SIIA offers solu...|
|Account Manager||2021-24424||Massachusetts||United States||Massachusetts, United States||Sales||Bio-Rad’s Life Science Group is looking for an Account Manager. In this role, you will demonstrate and sell Bio-Rad’s diverse line of consumables, apparatus, and small equipment. You will support and service life science research laboratories at ...|
|Associate Director, Market Development, MDx||2021-24402||Hercules||California||United States||Hercules, California, United States||Marketing||Serve as Global Associate Director Market Development for Molecular Dx with focus on Reproductive Health and digital droplet PCR applications within current and new, emerging markets. Serve as the key driver for relationship with professional soci...|
Aki talks about his journey at Bio-Rad.
Marketing Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) Hercules, CA
"Bio-Rad is continuously working to improve the work/life balance of it's employees. There is restructuring going on at the top levels in management and as a result I believe Bio-Rad will move into the more progressive styles and trends similar companies employ today."
Your Privacy Matters